For the added convenience of out-of-town visitors and local groups, Forever Balboa Park is now offering private custom tours on a pre-arranged basis to anyone interested in booking one. The one-hour walking tours of the historic Central Mesa section of the park are given by highly trained Balboa Park Visitors Center staff and volunteers who explore the park’s rich history, spectacular architecture, and botanical wonders. The tours start at the Visitors Center or another pre-arranged location in the park. Tours are 60-90 mins in length, customizable, and can be adjusted to your group’s needs.
Tour topics include:
- Park history
- Horticulture and the trees of Balboa Park
- Best photo locations
- Balboa Park for kids
- Military history
- and much more
- Custom tour pricing starts at $60.
- Groups of 1 to 15 people: $20 per person ($60 minimum)
- Groups of 16 to 40 people: $15 per person
- Above 40 people: contact us for pricing
- Youth ages 6 – 17: $10 per person
- Kids 5 and younger: free
- Education/military/hospitality/media: $10 per person up to 40
Tour guide ratio: one tour guide for up to 15 people
Revenue from custom tours helps support the critical park enhancements that our staff and volunteers provide, like garden revitalization, tree and trail maintenance.
Schedule a Tour
firstname.lastname@example.org 619-239-0512 x8
Contact the Balboa Park Visitors center to learn more and to reserve a tour. Custom tours should be scheduled 5-7 days in advance.
Balboa Park Visitors Center
1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA, 92101
p 619-239-0512 x8